Beginner | 8 min 9 sec
Learn how to create velvety lines and ghost-like shading with charcoal and blending tools. Lisa Solomon demonstrates the qualities of compressed black and white charcoal and charcoal pencils using blending stumps, a kneaded eraser and a chamois. At the end, you’ll learn how to use them all together to create volume and depth.
Learn how to:What You'll Get:
- Quick, detailed lesson on how to shade and blend charcoal
- 1 HD video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Blending stumps
- Kneaded eraser
- Artist chamois
- Compressed charcoal
- Woodless charcoal pencils
- Strathmore Bristol vellum surface paper
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.