All levels | 8 min 9 sec
Learn how to create velvety lines and ghost-like shading with charcoal and blending tools. Lisa Solomon demonstrates the qualities of compressed black and white charcoal and charcoal pencils using blending stumps, a kneaded eraser and a chamois. At the end, you’ll learn how to use them all together to create volume and depth.
Learn how to:What You'll Get:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Blending stumps
- Kneaded eraser
- Artist chamois
- Compressed charcoal
- Woodless charcoal pencils
- Strathmore Bristol vellum surface paper
- Quick, detailed lesson on how to shade and blend charcoal
- 1 HD video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
132 users recommended this class to a friend
Appreciate how Lisa demonstrates so clearly step by step how to use charcoal blending tools. Now I want to get mine out and try them myself.
More than 3 months ago