Advanced | 1 hour
Deborah Kreiling specializes in teaching home sewists how commercial patterns work, and how they can be adjusted to create the best fitting garments. As the director of design development at Simplicity, Deb has been in the business of helping home sewers make and adjust beautiful garments for over 30 years. In this comprehensive course, Deb teaches the ins and outs of making a variety of pattern alterations that cover things like bust adjustments, adding or subtracting ease, lengthening hems, and adjusting darts and princess seams.
Learn how to:
- Take measurements
- Understand ease
- Understand measurement relationships to create pattern adjustments
- Work with commercial patterns
- Add and remove ease
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Simplicity pattern of your choosing (Deb demonstrates with Simplicity pattern 1099 – Project Runway Sizes D5-4, P5 12-20)
- Simplicity Perfect Fit Guide (contains measurement worksheet)
- Pattern tissue paper or tracing paper
- Clear ruler
- French curve
- Paper scissors
- Measuring chart
- Measuring tape
- Scotch tape
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.