Advanced | 52 min 56 sec
Deborah Kreiling specializes in teaching home sewists how commercial patterns work, and how they can be adjusted to create the best fitting garments. As the director of design development at Simplicity, Deb has been in the business of helping home sewers make and adjust beautiful garments for over 30 years. In this comprehensive course, Deb teaches the ins and outs of making a variety of pattern alterations that cover things like bust adjustments, adding or subtracting ease, lengthening hems, and adjusting darts and princess seams.
Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Simplicity pattern of your choosing (Deb demonstrates with Simplicity pattern 1099 – Project Runway Sizes D5-4, P5 12-20)
- Simplicity Perfect Fit Guide (contains measurement worksheet)
- Pattern tissue paper or tracing paper
- Clear ruler
- French curve
- Paper scissors
- Measuring chart
- Measuring tape
- Scotch tape
- Take measurements
- Understand ease
- Understand measurement relationships to create pattern adjustments
- Work with commercial patterns
- Add and remove ease
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Deborah Kreiling how to adjust sewing patterns
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and downloadable PDF pattern pieces ($16 value)
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Adjusting Sewing Patterns with Simplicity Reviews
408 users recommended this class to a friend
Clearly explained and demonstrated. Would have been good to include moving darts up or down.
I have read how to make pattern adjustments, it is really helpful to have visual instruction as well.
July 27, 2023