Intermediate | 1 hour 56 min
In this fun and energetic 10-day course, Lilla Rogers shows you how to find your authentic artistic style by making a multitude of tiny and huge discernments. From playful exercises to mark-making experiments, Lilla encourages you to approach art with an open mind and tune into what makes your heart beat faster. As an agent, author, and artist with decades in the illustration licensing business, Lilla knows how to sniff out style. At the end of this 10-day journey, you’ll have a better understanding of who you are as an artist and how you want to be seen by the world.
Learn how to:
What you'll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sketchbook - Lilla uses a Strathmore Mixed Media Spiral Pad 300 series, but you can use whatever feels comfortable
- Variety of paper samples
- Brush pen (such as Pentel)
- Pastel pencils (such as Derwent Graphic)
- Black Charcoal pencils (such as Remo or Conté a Paris) in several weights (HB - 3B)
- Kneaded eraser
- Regular pencil (such as Ticonderoga 2B soft)
- Black ink (such as Higgins Black Magic)
- Small used paint brush
- Fine point black pen (such as Micron or Pentel)
- Colored markers (such as Copic, Tombow, Prismacolor)
- Colored charcoal or pastel pencils
- Any other random drawing tools you might have lying around
- Play with materials and techniques and gauge your internal response to what you make
- Work with a variety of dry media, including charcoal, pen, pencil, crayon and pastel
- Understand color schemes (i.e., when to use warm colors, when to use cool colors and when to mix them for maximum effect)
- Listen to your intuition and channel it to form your artistic style
What you'll get:
- A guided course on how to discover your unique artistic style
- 10 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Step-by-step expert instruction from agent, author, and artist, Lilla Rogers
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
1058 users recommended this class to a friend
Helped me relax into letting style emerge rather than feeling like I need one to start with to give me direction or focus. The chaos in my brain of how to begin has settled. Loved seeing the 3 people art transition examples.
Kathryn A Kenney
Not your typical how to class, Lilla takes you on a journey to recognize your style while still having fun.
March 6, 2023
SOOO So Good. Lilla is so warm and generous with her knowledge. Perfect course!
March 4, 2023