Intermediate | 41 min
Shadowboxes are a beautiful way to create a three-dimensional collage, displaying favorite memories or thematically capturing a moment in time. In this class, Courtney walks you through her system for creating a shadowbox using any objects or bits of ephemera you like. You will learn helpful tips on gathering objects, editing down the selection, creating a composition, and choosing the perfect glues and adhesives to keep everything in place. At the end of the process, you will have a thoughtful, signature masterpiece, ready to hang on your wall or give as a special gift.
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Shadowbox frame
- Paper for background (Courtney uses magazine pages - vintage paper - photos etc.)
- 3D ephemera (Courtney uses natural objects like feathers - branches - etc.)
- Tape (Courtney uses washi tape and double sided tape)
- Double sided sticky dots
- Tacky glue and craft glue stick
- Stamps and ink pads (Courtney uses StazOn ink pads)
- China marker
- Baby wipes
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.