Beginner | 28 min
In this class, paper flower artist Livia Cetti shares her technique for making everyone’s favorite flower: the peony. You will learn how to bleach the paper, cut out the petals, and put them all together to make a lush, realistic bloom. She then teaches you how to attach a hair clip to the bloom, making it a perfect long-lasting accessory – and a perfect way to enjoy this special bloom year-round.
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Tissue papers - about one sheet each in peach / soft pink / yellow
- Household bleach
- Metal or glass container for mixing bleach solution
- Paper scissors
- Wire cutters
- Bobby pins
- ½”-wide light green floral tape
- 18-gauge 18”-long straight floral wire
- 22-gauge 18”-long straight floral wire
- Cutting mat
- Transparent quilting ruler
- Rotary cutter
- Metal or plastic drying rack
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.