Beginner | 34 min 50 sec
In this final class, Lisa shares how to take the tips and tricks you’ve learned along the way and apply them to new and exciting surfaces. Embellish the matte cover of kraft paper notebooks with bright Gelly Roll pens, and learn to transform a stark sheet of black paper into a stunning piece of Japanese-inspired art that beautifully sweeps across the page. You now have the skills to apply your personal style, which you have developed throughout this course, to any surface you please.
Learn how to:
- Use gel pens to adorn the cover of kraft paper notebooks
- Create a wave motif across an entire page of black paper using white gel pens and white paint
- Learn from Lisa Congdon how use gel pens to create a wave motif on black paper
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from artist Congdon
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Notebook with a kraft paper cover (Lisa uses brown-paper Scout books but these come in a variety of other colors you might want to use)
- One or two colored Gelly Roll Pens that will show on the paper color you’ve selected
- White Gelly Roll Pen
- Black paper (Lisa uses a 9” x 12” sketchbook filled with black paper by Strathmore)
- White paint (Lisa suggests using watercolor from a tube, gouache, or acrylic white)
- Small paintbrush
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.