Home > Classes > Art + Design > Drawing & Illustration
Drawing Essentials: Composition and Perspective
All levels | 21 min 16 sec
Take your line drawings to the next level with this course on composition and perspective. Illustrator Molly Hatch teaches basic rules for adding depth to your drawings and crafting great compositions, including the Rule of Thirds and the Rule of Odds. Molly also shares several helpful exercises for creating rhythm and balance, plus a primer on adding perspective to your artwork. When used together, all of these essential drawing techniques will help you create a balanced, interesting composition.
Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Multimedia paper
- Tracing paper
- A variety of pens (Molly uses Microns)
- Compose your drawing using the Rule of Thirds and the Rule of Odds
- Create and utilize focal points
- Balance your composition
- Create rhythm in your drawing
- Establish a viewpoint and create depth around it
- Establish perspective using scale
- Essential drawing techniques including composition and perspective that will help you create a balanced, interesting line drawings.
- 7 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from designer Molly Hatch
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
832 users recommended this class to a friend
Great simple explanation about perspective. I have watched other explanations which always made it seem so complicated. This is perfect for someone learning.