Intermediate | 17 min
Put your kids' colorful imaginations to use! Using Kool-Aid is an easy and fun way to create hand-dyed yarn – for your knitting projects, as well as hooking a future generation of crafters. Melanie shows you how to create a palette at home without any special equipment or a tangled mess. She also offers tips for working alongside kids and shows how different fibers take the dye differently.
Learn how to:
- Color your yarn with Kool-Aid
- Work alongside kids with this fun project
- An easy-to-follow lesson on how to dye your yarn with Kool-aid
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor Melanie Falick
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- undyed yarn (wool or other animal fiber)
- Kool-Aid (2-4 packs for every 2 oz of yarn)
- contrasting color yarn
- large bowl
- dowel or drying rack
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.