All levels | 1 hour 15 min
Enhance your digital illustration skills with Procreate, an accessible illustration app, guided by professional illustrator Lindsay Stripling. You'll start by laying important groundwork for your next personal project or creative brief in order to prepare a solid illustration with a bold communication of concept. Then Lindsay will show you how to use various functions in Procreate, from drawing with different brushes to keeping your process organized in layers. By the end of the class, you will have a fabulous color mockup for your next illustration project, whether for a client or just for fun.Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lindsay uses an iPad Pro 12.9 second generation - visit https://procreate.art/faq for IPad system requirements
- Lindsay uses Procreate version 13.3
- Apple pencil with replaceable nibs
- Procreate comes with brushes, but Lindsay also recommends Vivi Brushes: https://gumroad.com/vvberger or Retro Supply https://www.retrosupply.co/
- Create parameters for a digital illustration project
- Organize layers in Procreate
- Use brushes in Procreate
- Make a color mockup for an illustration project
- Easy-to-follow video lessons on how to make digital illustrations using Procreate
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instructions by artist Lindsay Stripling
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Illustrate in Procreate Reviews
320 users recommended this class to a friend
I don’t know much about illustration so it was very helpful that Lindsay described her thought process as she went.I enjoyed this and am looking forward to learning more about Illustration.
5 days ago
I enjoyed this class, particularly the clear instruction. It's broken down into larger blocks rather than mini steps but should be fine if you have some very basic drawing or procreate knowledge. I'm a very inexperienced artist but found this to be very helpful, especially the process of developing and executing an idea.
More than 3 months ago
Amazing. So thorough and informative. I learned so much. Thank you! Excellent instructor.
More than 3 months ago