Beginner | 14 min
Create a rustic looking chalkboard sign that you can change with the seasons. Using the magic of steel wool and apple cider vinegar, Courtney guides you through aging a wooden frame to perfection. You will learn how to create your own chalkboard backing and then complete the project with a message written in chalk.
Learn how to:
- Distress a wooden frame using apple cider vinegar and steel wool
- Paint with chalkboard paint
- Draw a pretty chalk graphic
- 1 HD video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor Courtney Cerruti
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Unfinished wooden frame with backing
- Chalkboard paint
- Coarse bristle brush
- Apple cider vinegar
- Steel wool
- Pint jar with lid
- Chalk marker
- Paper towels
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.