Intermediate | 50 min 6 sec
If you’re a busy person looking for a quick crochet project, Tian Connaughton is the designer for you. Mentor and expert crochet designer Tian shows you how to design and crochet your own unique and cozy shawl. In this class she demonstrates three different shawl patterns and shapes, plus three different styles of borders so that you can mix and match them to create exciting combinations. All the motifs are easy to learn and simple to adapt to whatever sized shawl you’d like - from a small and cute pet bandana to a full-sized, gorgeous accessory for you.
Learn how to:
- Crochet three different shawls
- Add three different kinds of crocheted borders
- Work the single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, and treble crochet stitches
- Crochet lace and eyelet patterns
- Change yarn colors
Here’s what you’ll need:
- US K/10.5mm hook
- Worsted weight yarn - for one shawl you'll need three balls of the main color and one ball for the border - Tian uses Knit Picks Swish Worsted in Dublin, Throne, Mimic, and Dove Heather
- Tapestry needle
- Removable stitch marker (optional)
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.