All levels | 32 min 29 sec
Crochet designer Twinkie Chan, beloved for her sugary snack-themed accessories, goes au natural for Creativebug with this crocheted banana. Easy enough for the beginning crocheter but with enough subtle details to maintain interest, you’ll learn skills and tricks that make crocheting 3D objects a breeze. This banana will stitch up in less than an hour and is perfect for a play kitchen or a decorative fruity spread.Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Yellow worsted weight yarn (Red Heart Super Saver in Bright Yellow) – approx. 40 yards
- Brown worsted weigh yarn (Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in Chocolate) – approx. 3 yards
- H8/5.00mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Straight pins
- Polyester stuffing
- Wooden stick or pencil to use with stuffing
- Work in the round with magic circle
- Single crochet
- Slip stitch
- Change yarn colors invisibly
- Increase in single crochet
- Invisible decrease
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Twinkie Chan on crocheting a banana
- A quick video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and downloadable PDF pattern ($8 value)
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Crocheted Banana Reviews
79 users recommended this class to a friend
Loved that the directions were given in written and video formats! Super simple pattern for a fun banana.
August 7, 2023
my first time to make an 3d object (not flat like a scarf, blanket) and it was so fun! feeling so happy to be able to finish this banana~!
August 3, 2023
Good class! I thought the demonstration was a little confusing and she could have gone a little slower but all in all it was a fun make!
More than 3 months ago