Intermediate | 37 min
Crochet yourself a cuddly squid pal, perfect for dry land or ocean adventures (the bathtub works, too). Cute critter designer, Megan Kreiner, walks you through every step of the crochet process, from tentacle to eyeball. This class is perfect for intermediate stitchers or beginners who would like to up their crochet game. For best results, watch the video instructions alongside the downloadable PDF.
What you’ll get:
Learn how to:
- Work in the round
- Create tentacles with chain stitch
- Use whipstitch to assemble squid
- Hand-stitch eyes and crown
What you’ll get:
- Detailed lesson how to crochet and assemble an adorable squid
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and downloadable PDF pattern ($8 value)
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Megan Kreiner
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Yarn:
MC - Red Heart Creme de la Creme in Rally Red #0905 (approx 100 yards, 1 skein)
CC - Red Heart Creme de la Creme in Tea Rose #0255 or Linen #0118 (approx 75 yards, 1 skein)
Red Heart Creme de la Creme in Black #0012 (approx 5 yards)
Red Heart Creme de la Creme in Yellow #0205 (approx 10 yards; optional)
Size F-5 (3.75 mm) crochet hook
Marking pin, slip ring, or safety pin
Stitch markers to indicate beginning of rnds (optional)
For bath toys:
Yellow Terry Cloth fabric
Needle and yellow sewing thread
For non-bath toys:
8mm - 9mm black plastic eyes with safety backings
Toy stuffing and yellow felt
Finished Size: Approx 3" x 12"
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.