Intermediate | 41 min
First time sweater makers, have no fear! If you’ve mastered the basics of crochet and are excited to move on to garment stitching, the Colorblocked Pullover is an ideal introduction. Marly Bird, proud Red Heart spokesperson, walks you through the four pieces of construction: front, back, and two sleeves. Stitched up in a cozy, washable merino, this yarn comes in 24 shades. Switching colors is easier than it looks, lending a pop of visual interest to an otherwise basic garment, and slip stitches make for swift seaming.
Learn how to:
- Work a Foundation Double Crochet (fdc)
- Work a Front Post Single Crochet (fpsc)
- Seam with slip stitches
- Change colors of yarn
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Red Heart Chic Sheep by Marly Bird yarn in two colors: Main color (A) - Velvet: 3 (3, 4, 4, 4) balls or 525 (575, 600, 650, 700) yards; Contrasting color (B) - Green Tea: 2 (2, 3, 3, 3) balls or 350 (375, 400, 475, 500) yards
- Crochet hook in size J/10mm or size needed to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
- Split stitch markers
- What You'll Get:
- A series of easy-to-follow video lessons on how to crochet the Colorblocked Pullover
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list and downloadable PDF pattern
- Step-by-step instructions by expert instructor Marly Bird
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.