Beginner | 23 min
Now that you know the basic crochet stitches, Cal will show you how to use and combine them to create different shapes, textures, and patterns. You'll learn how to increase and decrease in each type of stitch, work into the "bump" of the chain for a nicer edge, as well as how to add spaces or holes between your stitches, and combine stitches to make textured effects like bobbles and shells.
Learn how to:
- Half double crochet stitch as well as combination stitches
- Creating spaces
- Adding colors to make stripes
- Shaping with increases and decreases
- An easy-to-follow lesson on beginning crocheting
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Itemized supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by artist Cal Patch
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Yarn in two colors (one for main color and one for adding color, preferably wool in worsted or bulky size)
- Crochet hook (size G or H for worsted, J or K for bulky)
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.