Learn to make a soft sculpture with both hand and machine stitching. Tamar provides a template but encourages you to develop your own projects according to your personality and style. She also encourages you to emphasize the character of your creations with sweetly stitched features for an organic, dreamy aesthetic.Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fabric for mushroom cap (Tamar uses linen or cotton)
- Fabric for underneath of cap (Tamar uses a pleated fabric)
- Linen for mushroom stem
- Sewing machine
- Embroidery floss
- Hand sewing needle
- Two seed beads
- Paper and pencil
- Mushroom template
- Creating dimension in soft sculptures
- Creating organic look
- Adding character through stitched features
What you’ll get:
- An easy-to-follow lesson on how to create this soft woodland mushroom
- 8 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Downloadable PDF pattern included
- Step-by-step expert instruction by expert instructor Tamar Mogendorff
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
View More Comments
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
73 users recommended this class to a friend
My first one turned out so cute I'm going to give it to my best friend for Christmas! I'm excited to experiment with more materials and patterns.
2 days ago
The class ran a *little* bit long for my taste, but the instructor is just darling, and whisked me away to a whimsical world for a while. :) I like her style. This looks like a very fun project to try!
September 14, 2022
Glad I found this class! There were some great tips and I liked her style.
More than 3 months ago