Intermediate | 31 min 42 sec
Fashion and sewing influencer, Tabitha Sewer, shows you how to sew her favorite dress inspired by iconic jazz singer Billie Holiday. The Billie Dress is sleeveless with darts at the bust, a gathered skirt tier, and pockets. There is no closure except for two stylish ties at the back of the neck, so you can sew it up, throw it on, and go. Choose any of your favorite fabrics and keep it casual for day or more elegant for night. No matter how you style it, The Billie is comfortable and flattering on all body shapes. Tabitha takes you step by step through the sewing process, so you'll be twirling away in no time at all.Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fabric (Tabitha is using a silky solid, and you can use any fabric you like - check PDF for yardage for your size)
- Sewing machine and coordinating thread
- Iron and ironing surface
- Tailor's ham
- Pinking shears or serger with coordinating thread for finishing seams
- Seam ripper
- Marking tools of your choice
- Sew a sleeveless dress
- Attach a stylish flounce
- Make your own bias tape to bind neck holes and arm holes
- Sew darts
- Add pockets
- Easy-to-follow video lessons on how to sew a sleeveless, tie-back dress
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list and PDF pattern (a $15 value)
- Step-by-step instructions by fashion and sewing influencer Tabitha Sewer
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Sew the Billie Dress Reviews
185 users recommended this class to a friend
This was my first class and it was WONDERFUL! Tabitha took everything step by step with the instructions and then doing what she described. This was very helpful for me as I dust off my sewing skills from long ago!
February 16, 2024
I know it's listed as intermediate but I feel like I could do it as well and I don't consider myself intermediate! Instructions were clear and easy to follow and it makes me feel like I can make my own dress. Can't wait to try it!
January 8, 2024
I absolutely LOVE this pattern. It was an easy make for an advanced beginner, such as myself. I made 2 in linen for my trip to France and they were a hit. Will definitely be a go to summer dress.
More than 3 months ago