Advanced | 12 min 54 sec
Learn how to design your own hat by riffing off a basic pattern with minimal shaping and finishing. All you need are simple math skills and your inner designer. Cirilia teaches you how many stitches to cast on, how to knit in the round, work the body of the hat in an offset rib pattern – as well as binding off and finishing. She also teaches a few stitch variations so you can pick your favorite design and create your own original hat.
Learn how to:
- Measure gauges
- Use any yarn to have to create a unique hat
- Work three needle bind off
- Join to work in the round
- An easy-to-follow lesson on how to knit this stylish riff hat
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Downloadable PDF pattern included - $8 value
- Step-by-step instruction by expert knitter Cirilia Rose
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- 100-200 yards of worsted yarn
- two circular needles
- measuring tape
- tapestry needle
- stitch marker
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.