Beginner | 19 min
In this class, Jesse shows you how anything that casts a shadow can be used to print a striking, colorful pouch. Jesse uses Inkodye – a light-sensitive fabric dye that develops into rich, permanent colors in the sun. If you coat the fabric in dye and lay an object on top of the fabric to block the sun, you will wind up with a cool “shadow printed” silhouette on your fabric. Jesse provides fun ideas for selecting objects to place on fabric and demonstrates the best way to apply the Inkodye and expose the fabric to sunlight. Look around your house and use your imagination when selecting objects to shadow print.
Learn how to:
- Apply Inkodye to fabric
- Determine which objects work best for Shadow Printing
- Develop dye in the sunlight
- An easy-to-follow class on how to print a striking, colorful pouch using Inkodye
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor and entrepreneur Jesse Genet of Lumi
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Lumi Shadow Printing Kit
- Objects for printing
- Black paint marker
- Inkodye Snap Pack 1oz Orange and 1oz Magenta
- Inkowash Snap Pack 1oz
- Lumi canvas pouch (or any natural fabric)
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.