Beginner | 35 min
If you love working with vibrant colors, then this quick-to-knit hat pattern is perfect for you. The design not only features neon pink and yellow stripes, but the yarn used for the stripes is reflective, so when you wear it out at night, the hat will reflect light from cars, street lamps, and flash photography. A great option for nighttime walks or bicycle rides! Maggie shares excellent tips for working jogless joins in the round, so the stripes will line up seamlessly. The beanie is finished off with a giant pink fluffy pompom—after all, this hat is not about subtlety.
Learn how to:
- Long-tail cast on
- Work on double-pointed needles
- Make a pompom
- An easy-to-follow class on how to knit a reflective hat
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Downloadable PDF pattern included - $8 value
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor and author Maggie Pace
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- 1 ball Red Heart Heads Up in Steel (or approximately 100 yards of chunky gray yarn)
- 1 ball each of Red Heart Reflective yarn in Neon Yellow and Neon Pink
- 16” circular needles size US 8
- Double-pointed needles size US 8
- 10 stitch markers (one in a different color)
- Yarn needle
- Pompom maker
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.