Beginner | 21 min
Known for her vibrant use of color and joyful, expressive printmaking, artist Sarah Matthews often uses words in her work. In this class she demonstrates how to use your own handwriting as well as tracing and transferring found text for making your own custom stamps. Sarah demonstrates how these techniques can be used to create wrapping paper, gift bags, and gift boxes. If you can carve words, you can carve anything. This class is fabulous for someone who's never carved before - if you're going to start somewhere, start with words.
What you'll get:
Learn how to:
- Make a custom stamp using your own handwriting
- Transfer your drawing onto a carving block
- Carve out your stamp
- Print with an ink pad
- Create a brick pattern
What you'll get:
- A unique lesson on how to carve words into reusable stamps taught by artist Sarah
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from artist Sarah Matthews
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Speedball Speedy Carve Block 11-3/4'' x 11-3/4''
- Pfeil carving tools and/or Powergrip carving tools
- Scrap paper
- Blackwing pencil
- Chisel-tip marker
- VersaFine Clair in Paradise, Nocturne, Fantasia, Charming Pink, Cheerful, Dewdrops
- VersaFine Memento in Brilliance in Pearlescent Chocolate, Pearlescent Thyme, Cottage Ivy, Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, New Sprout
- Cutting Mat
- Utility Knife
- Optional: Plain gift bags and gift boxes
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.