Intermediate | 1 hour
Learn the basics of collage from multi-media artist, Courtney. From gathering your materials to building a base layer to adding decorative elements, Courtney walks you through the entire creative process of assembling a collage so that you can make a signature masterpiece of your own. This is a perfect class for beginners and those who want to tap into their creativity—in fact, the hardest part about collage is learning how to narrow down your materials and use your “editing eye” to make sure all of the elements work together. Courtney provides lots of advice for how to make these decisions along the way. And if you make a mistake? No problem! Just collage over it and move on.
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Base for your collage (Courtney uses a 12"x12" wooden canvas)
- Gel Medium (Courtney uses Golden Brand Matte Gel Medium)
- Glue Stick
- Heat gun (optional)
- Various found paper ephemera
- Mark making tools (Courtney uses vintage stamps - pens - pencils - China markers - pallet knives and scrapers)
- Pattern transfer paper and transfer wheel
- Photocopies of clip art and found images (Courtney uses Dover Publication clip art books)
- Vintage stamps
- Wax paper and baby wipes
- Small and large paint brushes
- Gold leafing kit (optional)
- Washi or masking tape
- Acrylic paints
- All materials are optional!
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.