Welcome to our Knit Along! Over the course of 12 weeks, knitting pro Edie Eckman takes you on a whirlwind adventure exploring the wide world of cables. Each week, you will learn new stitch patterns with a variety of twists and turns, and at the very end, you’ll put all of the blocks together to make a gloriously textured, cozy afghan. Edie presents this afghan in one neutral shade, but you can use whatever colors float your boat for your own unique design.
is a designer, author and popular teacher who loves both knitting and crochet. She teaches around the country and is the author of a number of best-selling crochet and knitting titles including The Crochet Answer Book, Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs, and How to Knit Socks: Three Methods Made Easy. As a teacher, designer and technical editor, Edie is on a mission to ensure that pattern instructions are as clear as possible to the greatest number of knitters and crocheters possible. She is a lifelong learner, and considers her students the best teachers ever. Find her on Ravelry, Facebook, Twitter, and at www.edieeckman.com.
- – RED HEART Soft: 9 balls 9388 Wheat
Note: 8 balls may be sufficient. Designer recommends buying a 9th ball to allow for making swatches, and leaving long tails for weaving in and sewing squares together.
- – Knitting Needles: 5mm [US 8]
- – Circular Knitting Needles: 5mm [US 8] 32" (80 cm) or longer (for border)
- – Cable needle
- – Yarn needle
- – Scissors
- – Tape measure
- – Garter stitch: 18 sts = 4" (10 cm); 36 rows = 4" (10 cm) in (knit every row)
- – Stockinette stitch: (knit on right side, purl on wrong side)19 sts = 4" (10 cm); 23 rows = 4" (10 cm)
- – Each square = 10 x 10" (25.5 x 25.5 cm)
Note: CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- What's this new kind of class?
- We all love project classes, but many of you have asked for a deeper dive on topics near and dear to your heart. So, we’re debuting work-along classes that focus on fundamentals and are released in weekly video installments.
- Do I get these classes with my subscription?
- Yes, indeed. But you also get this particular class for free if you are not a subscriber. You can enroll in this class for FREE when you sign up for a Creativebug account with an email and password (no credit card required).
- I just found out about this course and it's already underway. Can I still join?
- Yes, you can join at any time. You will be able to watch any previous episodes at your leisure.
- Where can I get supplies for my class?
- You can get everything you need from www.shopredheart.com