Intermediate | 16 min
Basic sewing skills can transform a plain t-shirt into one of your favorite go-to wardrobe pieces. The random ruffle t-shirt uses a simple appliqué technique that’s quick and easy, yet true to the Alabama Chanin style.
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- T-Shirt Top pattern (see pattern sheet at back of Alabama Studio Sewing + Design)
- 1 yard of 60” wide organic cotton jersey fabric in light-weight Silt
- ¼ yard of 60” wide organic cotton jersey fabric in light-weight Black
- for appliqué
- Paper scissors
- Garment scissors
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
- 18” transparent plastic ruler
- Tailor’s chalk or disappearing ink fabric pen
- Hand-sewing needle
- Button Craft thread in Slate and Black
- All-purpose sewing thread
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have taken this class.